How large is the lake?
- Douglas Lake has over 550 miles of shoreline.
Do you need a fishing license?
- Yes, if you are fishing from a boat. No, you do not
need a license if you fish on the bank at the cabin.
A License can be purchased at major department stores
such as Wal-Mart, K-mart and other smaller convenience
Can you swim in the lake?
- Conveniently located to action packed Pigeon Forge
and Gatlinburg. It is a deep man-made lake and swimming
is a favorite past-time here, at your own risk, of course.
How about boating?
- All types of boats are used on Douglas Lake. There
are no restrictions on horsepower or PWC’s at
this time. However, you must obey all boating rules
and regulations set by the Tennessee Wildlife Resource
Agency. Children 12 and under must wear a coast guard
approved life vest at all times when a boat is under
Do you have a place
for our boat when we trailer it there?
- Yes. You may choose to leave your boat on it’s
trailer or leave it at the 16 x16 foot dock at the cabins.
There is a $5 per night charge whether your boat is
kept on trailer or in the water, except for Lazy Lake.
Lazy Lake does not have a turnaround for a trailer.
Launch and trailer storage are available at a sportsman
shop nearby. Your boat can stay at the cabin.
Can we rent a boat at your marina?
Please see our boat
rental information page.
How close are you to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg?
- The cabins at Gator Point
are 12 miles East of Sevierville. It takes about 20
minutes to get to Sevierville. It takes approximately
30 minutes to get to Pigeon Forge and the Dollywood
entrance using the convenient and less traveled Middle
Creek Rd. Gatlinburg is approximately 40 minutes away.
Are your cabins fishing cabins?
- No. Some of our cabins (Pretty Place) are not lakefront
cabins, and are only 5 minutes from Pigeon Forge. Each
cabin is larger than a typical fishing cabin and more
on the lines of a small home.
Are the cabins lakefront?
- Almost all of our cabins are lakefront and have a
beautiful long range view of Douglas Lake’s main
channel. Pretty Place is not lakefront, and is located
3 miles from Dollywood in Pigeon Forge.
What is in your cabins?
- Kitchen including stove, refrigerator, microwave and
coffeemaker. All utensils, bath towels and linens are
provided. Satellite TV gives you multitudes of viewing
options. A phone for your convenience is provided.
What do I need to bring?
- Food, beach towels, floatation
devices, life jackets, fishing gear, a good book, personal
Are your cabins secluded?
- Yes. All of our lakefront cabins are built on the
shoreline and the utmost of care was given to the privacy
of our guests. The lots are wooded and look out onto
nature and the occasional fisherman.
Are pets allowed?
- As much as we like pets, we do not allow pets in most
of our cabins. The only exception is Lazy Lake.
Do you allow one night stays?
- No. We have a two-night
minimum. Three nights on most peak weekends.
Are you open all year?
- Yes, we have year-round availability.